Design: Fan Duct for Radial/Blower Style Fan

Hey guys,

I designed a fan duct that allows for mounting a blower style fan, and uses a surround style vent to blow air from all sides of the nozzle at once. It’s made for a 50mm blower, I used the one here and it pushes a LOT of air through the duct. I thought I’d share it here in case anyone wanted to try it. Link is below:

Blower Fan Duct

Thanks,
Ryan

Hey Ryan. I was looking to see if anyone had posted adapters for a radial fan and came across your post. How has this one been working out for you?

Does anyone else have recommendations for a radial fan adapter that fits on the stock extruder? I might be able to design one myself, but I don’t have much free time these days to learn how.

It worked decently well, but did not direct the air to the nozzle quite well enough after deforming from the heat of the hotend. I ended up using the stock cooler with an adapter to put a blower fan on it.

Awesome, thanks for the info! That’s exactly what I needed to know.

You wouldn’t happen to have a link or .stl for this adapter would you? I’ve been looking for one for a while. I was about to make one, but if you already have one that would be super cool.

1 minute later edit: As is usually the case, I found one. All I usually have to do is ask publicly and then I find one.

I believe I used this one, it’s pretty low on plastic usage and works well: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:891740

Nice! Thank you very much. That looks like it might work a bit better than the one I found.