I plan to print mostly ABS, so I need a nice, warm chamber. Here’s my initial CAD for an enclosure for the WilsonII
I plan to use 1/2" MDF, in addition to a 1/4" sheet of acrylic for the front.
- Width: 20in
- Depth: 28in
- Height: 23.5in
- Sliding Drawer underneith printer to hold tools
- Gas Struts to raise/lower the acrylic front
- Lid has slit for filament to feed in from spool
- Removable frame for easy access/servicing of printer. Base has groove routed into it, for easy alignment of the top frame.
- Carrying handles to move both the top and the base.
- Fits sliding shelf (4" tall by 20" deep)
- Also fits PSU and the RAMPS/MEGA
Please let me know what you think. This is also a quick CAD, so specifics, (such as position/length of gas struts) may not be totally accurate. I also need to figure out where I’m going to put the LCD controller.
I enjoyed the simplicity of @AndreQ’s ikea enclosure, but that part isn’t quite big enough for the WilsonII