Nice increase in print quality with Marlin 1.1 RC8
So my PICA board 5v was somehow fried when I plugged into my laptop. I could still print but I had to supply 5v via USB and the LCD was glitchy. Anyway, I ended up purchasing a MKS Base v1.5 board and the last few days I setup Marlin 1.1 RC8 on it.
For firmware, I copied many of the settings from mjrice fork except for the complex bed leveling servo and rack code. I ended up sticking on an inductive probe with some foil under the glass (my aluminum bed arrives today). I enabled automatic bed leveling with G29.
I’ve been amazed at the first few prints. I’ll continue to test with same filament I was using prior and report back. I have yet to compare ABS prints but I’m optimistic.
I believe it is due more to software than hardware as the MKS Base v1.5 is still based on ramps.
I’ve uploaded my configuration.h file if anyone is interested.