Z-axis sled raised before Z probe [Solved]

Hi All,
I’m new to the community and Wilson designs. I recently completed printing and building a Wilson 2 with the sled Z probe and having issues that I have yet to resolve after hours of googling and reading over the Configuration.h file.

My issue is, that when auto-homing, I get Z-raise -> X-probe -> Y-probe -> Bed Center -> Raise Z offset -> X-Max (retracting sled) -> center bed -> Z-probe.

So probing Z, the sled has already been retracted.

Z_SAFE_HOMING and #define Z_PROBE_SLED enabled.

Don’t know where to look next to resolve the issue, so I appreciate any help.

Cheers
Dan

I should also add, that if I manually deploy Z-probe, Z-probing will complete and sled raised as expected.

Hi Dan,
Which firmware base are you using?

mjrice,

First, thanks for your work on the project and the build videos. Very helpful and educational.

And for firmware, using Marlin 1.1.0-RCBugFix, commit 9b5515926a704bff1edb74772b0800cadf8c323d (latest).

Would you recommend RC8?

Thanks
Dan

Problem Solved. Didn’t have the correct option #define Z_RACK_PINION in my Configuration.h file.

git clone https://github.com/mjrice/Marlin.git -> default branch RCBugFix didn’t contain the option. Only after switching branches to RCBugFix-mjrice did I see the Z_RACK_PINION option in Configuration_njrice.h. I had incorrectly assumed the Z_PROBE_SLED was used for rack and pinion.

After fixing my X_MIN_POS to 10 and X_MAX_POS to 196, everything worked great.